Saturday, July 18, 2009

Special Days Calendar

What I decided to do for the challenge is a special day calendar. My problem is that life goes so fast, that I don't even think about the events that are coming up, until they are here. Then I either run around like a chicken with my head cut off, or I go and buy a store bought card.
I'm hoping that with this new book, that I will list everyone's birthdays and anniversaries, and then will check it at the beginning of the month, so I know who to make cards for!
Here's a close up of one of the images that I've colored for my book. They are supposed to show that my book is for weddings/anniversary's and birthdays.
The notebook is from target. I covered it with cardstock and designer paper from Stamping Up!'s Simply Scrappin' Friends & Flowers kit. This kit is now retired, and I am so excited to finally use some of it!!
The stamps are from Magnolia and are colored with prismacolor pencils and OMS. I used my cricut to cut out the letters, and a SU punch to punch out the tabs. The lettering on the tabs are stamps from paper salon.
This booklet is very flat and there are not alot of embellishments on it because I don't want them to fall off, and I want to have this book for a long time.
All of the flowers are from the same Stampin' Up! Scrappin' kit.
I found this book so much fun and so easy to do. I hope you all will try something this week too!
Trina

1 comment:

Deepak said...

Dear Ms Trina,

A warm hello from Deepak.
I appreciate your creativity with characteristic simplicity and frugality which is often missing in our lives.

I wish to use this image of cover page in my next post for my blog and I shall be acknowledging your kindness for this.

Hope to follow your blog more often.

Deepak